Introduction to Pediatrics in Chinese Medicine
This two-day course is an introduction to the use of Chinese Medicine in treating common pediatric disorders. The Chinese medical view of embryology, pre-natal and neo-natal development, as well as childhood development will be discussed. The most common pediatric conditions will be presented along with effective treatment protocols and strategies for case management.
Frances Goodwin is a Chinese medicine pioneer and key proponent in making acupuncture accessible to all who may need it. Ms. Goodwin has been in private practice for 30 years specializing in Pediatric care. If you are looking to begin a specialty in Pediatrics or are looking for new tools to apply to your existing practice, don’t miss this chance to learn from one of the most experienced clinicians in our field.
Goals and Objectives:
- Understand normal growth and development from conception to 18 years and recognize developmental red flags
- Correctly differentiate and diagnose common pediatric disorders
- Learn methods to safely and effectively treat pediatric patients using acupuncture point selection, massage, and diet
- Learn how to interact with pediatric patients and their caretakers
- Obtain a grasp of the general format of treatment, and an ability to modify the outline to adapt it to individual patients
Please check our Classes and Events page for dates of upcoming classes.
For additional information and registration, please email email@example.com or call 212-945-7300.